Location:East Antarctica. It is approached through “Iceberg Alley”, a channel lined with huge tabular bergs that have run aground on underwater banks.
History:Established in February 1954. Named for Douglas Mawson, it is the oldest, continuously occupied station south of the Antarctic Circle.
Science:Atmospheric Sciences, Biology, Geosciences, Human Impacts, Medical
Web Cam: http://www.aad.gov.au/stations/mawson/video.asp
Wildlife:AdeliePenguins, Emperor Penguins, Antarctic, Snow, Cape and Wilson’s Storm Petrels with an occasional Elephant or Fur Seal.